Omega Tools is a collection of scripts useful for scientific writing with LaTeX and gnuplot. Omega Tools currently contains these tools:
- makedependlatex – generate dependency file from latex source to include in Makefile.
- makedependgp – generate dependency file from gnuplot script to include in Makefile.
- gpmp2latexmp – process .mp file generated by the mp terminal in gnuplot. After processing, MetaPost will use LaTeX to process texts in the figure.
- gnuplot_lmp, mpost_mps, mptopdf_mps, mps2eps – wrappers for fabricate to compile gnuplot metapost figures.
- fabext.py – provides Python classes to simplify writing of fabricate scripts for compiling gnuplot figures and LaTeX documents.
Omega Tools is released under the GNU General Public License version 3.
Omega Tools requires a number of GNU utilities, such as bash, sed, paste, sort, date, echo, rm, etc. Typical installation of any major GNU/Linux distribution has these utilities ready to use.
Note that BSD-like systems, e.g., FreeBSD and Apple Mac OS X, have these utilities but they may be different from the GNU version. Omega Tools has not been tested with BSD version of these utilities. You may want to install the GNU version of them if you want to run Omega Tools on BSD-like systems. On Apple Mac OS X, GNU utilities can be installed through Homebrew, Fink or MacPorts.
New version is released on a rolling basis. Download the latest version here:
This project is hosted at GitHub, so if you have Git installed, you can also clone the project by executing in your terminal:
git clone git://github.com/wenjundeng/omegatools.git
This way you can easily upgrade your copy to the latest version by executing:
cd omegatools git pull
Installation and usage
See README.md included in the download package.